Forest Green Village Hall Terms of Hire
Forest Green Village Hall is a registered charity and is run by volunteers who form the Forest Green Hall Committee. The hall offers a facility for the benefit of the local community. Individuals living locally, individuals living outside the area, and organisations may hire the hall for one off and regular events.
These terms are designed to ensure the village hall remains in the best condition possible for the benefit of the hirers and the community at large.
Any organisation or individual (the “Hirer”) who hires the hall is to abide by the following terms:
These terms refer to the ‘hall’ as including all rooms within the building, all contents including fixtures and fittings.
Hiring fees and the ‘condition deposit’ are stated on the booking form.
Should damage result during the period of hire, or the hall be left in an unsatisfactory state, then the Hall Committee reserve the right to withhold the deposit, deduct an appropriate amount, or require the Hirer to pay any additional amount required to cover the cost of cleaning, clearing, or repairing the hall as necessary.
A. THE HALL COMMITTEE shall be responsible for:
- provision of the hall for the exclusive use of the Hirer during the times agreed in the booking form.
- collection of the hiring fee and sending appropriate paperwork to the Hirer.
- providing an agreed time for collection and return of the key.
- returning the condition deposit (assuming the Hirer has met the terms below) within 2 weeks from the end of the hire of the hall
B. THE HALL COMMITTEE will not be responsible for:
- liability in any way for loss of or damage to any of the Hirer’s property on the premises before, during, or after the period of hiring.
- liability to the Hirer for any resulting loss, damage, or injury to the Hirer or his/her guests during the period of hire.
- items stored by agreement(only) by regular hirers.
C. THE HALL COMMITTEE reserves the right to cancel any hiring in the event of the Hall being required for use as a Polling Station for a European, Parliamentary or Local Government election or bye election; in which case the Hirer shall be entitled to a refund of any deposit or fees already paid.
D. THE HIRER shall be responsible for:
- obtaining all licenses which may be needed regarding the sale of alcohol, Performing Rights Society, or otherwise.
- taking care of the condition of the hall, its fixtures, fittings and all contents during the period of the hire.
- the behaviour of all persons using the premises during the period of hire, including the proper supervision of car parking arrangements so as to avoid unnecessary noise or obstructions to neighbours, the highway and the entrances or exits of the hall.
- reporting all accidents in the book provided (kept with the first aid box). Please also notify the bookings officer of the incident and of all items used from the first aid box so that they can be replaced.
- leaving all rooms in the hall clean and ready for the use of the next hirer. Rubbish should be placed in sacks in the bin outside the hall ready for council collection. Place rubbish to be recycled in the green bin (please only place items ‘allowed’ from the list on the bin).
- putting back any contents the hirer temporarily removes from their usual positions
- removing all items belonging to them or their guests.(Regular hirers see B.3 above.) Items not removed within 7 days may be disposed of.
- ensuring all windows and fire doors are closed and entrance doors are locked when they leave the premises.
- notifying any damage or faulty appliances immediately to the bookings officer
- reimbursing the Village Hall Committee for the cost of repair of any damage done to any part of the property or the contents of the building which may occur during or as a result of hiring the hall.
The Hirer shall not use the premises for any unlawful purpose. The Hirer shall not sublet or transfer this agreement to any other party.